Here at Tampa Dental we use the Diode Laser, a soft tissue laser. For patients who do not look forward to needles, drilling, or numbness, laser dentistry may be the right choice.
Laser dentistry is one of dentistry’s latest advances. The laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a target. Laser dentistry can be used for both tooth and soft tissue related procedures. Oftentimes, no local anesthesia is required. For soft tissue (surgical) procedures, the laser eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster.
Areas of dental care that benefit from laser technology:
- Periodontal or gum related care
- Aphthous ulcer treatment (canker sore)
- Frenectomy (tongue-tie release) without anesthesia or sutures
- Root canal and apicoectomies
- Crown lengthening, gingivectomy, and other gum corrections
Tampa Dental Phone Number 813-888-9004 Map & Directions Schedule An Appointment
Our office hours are Mon-Tue: 8:30AM - 6:00PM, Wed: 9:30AM - 6:00PM, Thu: 8:30AM - 5:00PM, Fri: 8:30AM - 1:00PM