After Tooth Extraction
Post-operative care is most important to hasten healing and recovery from Tooth Extraction surgery.. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Swelling, stiffness, bleeding, and some discomfort are normal and should not cause alarm.
- If medication has been prescribed, please take as directed and try to have it working before the anesthetic wears off. Take the medication with food.
- After we place moist gauze over the extraction, bite down for 30 45 minutes. If heavy bleeding continues, bite down on a moistened tea bag for another 30 45 minutes. Repeat for as long as necessary.
- Apply ice to your face for the first couple of hours 15 minutes on/15 minutes off.
- Over the next 48 hours, prop your head up higher than usual when you sleep.
- Do not smoke
- Do not spit out
- Do not use straws
- Do not drink carbonated soda
- Do not bend over or engage in activities requiring heavy exertion