Tampa FL General & Cosmetic Dentists, Drs. Kavouklis
Sedation Dentistry is becoming increasingly popular for patients with high anxiety about dental care and it is a great option for many patients with extensive treatment needs because sedation allows patients to combine multiple appointments into one longer appointment. Dr. Kavouklis and Dr. Nick along with members of their professional team have received training from the world’s leading sedation dentistry specialists.
With sedation dentistry you will find that your treatment is performed more comfortably. With Sedation Dentistry no IV’s are used and you are not unconscious. We do conscious, oral sedation at Tampa Dental where you are given oral medication to help you relax, sleep and not remember your appointment.
Sedation Dentistry is especially useful for adult patients who:
- Have high anxiety about visiting the dentist
- Have had traumatic dental experiences in the past
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have TMJ troubles and cannot open their mouth for extended periods
- Are afraid of needles
- Have sensitive teeth
- Hate the noises and/or smells associated with dental care
- Simply do not have the time for multiple visits and have extensive work to complete
Dr. K and Dr. Nick will schedule a consultation appointment to answer any questions and you will be screened for any medical reasons that may make you ineligible for this procedure. Pamphlets on Sedation Dentistry are available at our office as well as an educational DVD.