After Your Crown And/Or Bridge Appointment
- You can expect your gum around the teeth that were prepared for crowns to be sore, possibly red and raw. Gently keep those teeth clean. Warm, light, salt water rinses might help with relieving the soreness.
- After your crown or bridge appointment, a temporary crown or bridge is usually placed on the tooth or teeth involved. Your temporary crown or bridge will be securely placed, with temporary cement.
- Do not chew gum.
- Do not eat sticky foods.
- Do not grind hard things, like ice, popcorn kernels, etc.
- Do not floss in front or behind the temporary tooth.
- If the temporary comes off, please rinse off food and immediately place back on tooth. You may need to try to place it several times before getting it on correctly. Once you found the way to place it back on, you may use toothpaste, or denture adhesive for your cement or nothing if it stays on. Call the office if you cannot get it back on or cannot keep it on. We may need to see you before your insert appointment.
Smile Like You Mean It!
Committed to providing quality dentistry & optimal comfort to our patients with the skills & devotion of a caring, friendly, efficient staff & doctors.
Tampa Dental Phone Number 813-888-9004 Schedule An Appointment
Our office hours are Mon-Tue: 8:30AM - 6:00PM, Wed: 9:30AM - 6:00PM, Thu: 8:30AM - 5:00PM, Fri: 8:30AM - 1:00PM